The Fieldbus Foundation's Benelux Marketing Committee, FF Benelux, welcomed over 60 end users and those interested in Foundation technology to its ‘Hands On Fieldbus' afternoon seminar at the STC Group's training facility in Brielle, near Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
The comprehensive agenda included a keynote address "Looking Back From The Future", an end user experience presentation, and the opportunity to attend two workshops or lectures from a choice of eight specialist topics. The parallel sessions covered a diverse range of subjects tailored for a technical & maintenance or administration & management audience and included:
- ‘Foundation Fieldbus Basics' hands-on training workshop (Bindert Douma, STC Group)
- ‘Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM)' workshop (André Fritsch, R.Stahl)
- ‘Asset Management' workshop (Jeroen de Kock, Yokogawa)
- ‘Diagnostics' workshop (Peter Overgaauw, Honeywell)
- ‘Foundation Fieldbus: Vision and Strategy' end user lecture (Peter Holdijk, Akzo Nobel)
- ‘Optimisation of your Organisation?' end user lecture (Auden Gjerde, Shell)
- ‘Device Replacement' workshop (Rômulo Rogatto, Smar)
- ‘NAMUR 107 Diagnostics' workshop (Jaap Westeneng, Endress+Hauser)
- Guided Tour of STC Group's Process Control Training and Demonstration Facility
A question and answer session and round-table discussion forum moderated by Mark Oosterveer, editor of Industrielinqs, rounded off the afternoon and all attendees were invited to a complimentary dinner hosted by FF Benelux.
Attendees found the day interesting and informative and valued the opportunity to tailor-make the afternoon to suit their own requirements. There were several requests for a follow-on event in the near future.
The STC Group's training centre at Brielle was one of the first educational institutions worldwide to offer fieldbus training courses certified under the Foundation Certified Training Program (FCTP).
The event was sponsored by FF Benelux members including: ABB, ACTA, Stahl/Electromach, Emerson Process Management, Endress+Hauser, Flowserve, Honeywell, Invensys, Moore Hawke, MTL, Pepperl+Fuchs, Phoenix Contact, Smar, SPIE Nederland, STC Group, Turck and Yokogawa.
For further details about FF Benelux and its activities, visit the Benelux section of the Fieldbus Foundation website, or email