FOUNDATION Fieldbus End User Seminar - Brno, CZ - 13 May 2014
The Fieldbus Foundation Central and Eastern European
Marketing Committee (FFCEEMC) hosted a Foundation technology end user seminar and practical demonstration for end users
and contractors on Tuesday 13 May, 2014, at the Hotel Myslivna - Brno, Czech Repbulic.
event was hosted by Mr Jozef Schulcz (Vice Chairman - FFCEEMC) and experts from
the FFCEEMC. In addition, the FFCEEMC was pleased to welcome guest speaker Dr.
Bindert Douma (certified Foundation trainer - STC Group,
Brielle, the Netherlands).
The highlight of the day's agenda was the hands-on practical training led by Dr
Douma and Mr Tony Alexander (Honeywell UK) using specially commissioned
demonstration units with Emerson, Honeywell and Endress+Hauser hosts and
several devices and components from many Fieldbus Foundation member companies.
The comprehensive agenda of presentations and technology
- an introduction to the FFCEEMC
- an overview of Foundation fieldbus - an automation infrastructure for operational excellence
- Foundation fieldbus myths - and the reality!
- planning the fieldbus infrastructure (including explosion
protection and safety instrumented functions)
- commissioning the hardware; implementing fieldbus projects;
diagnostics and trouble-shooting
- end user experience
discussion and question & answer session