The Fieldbus Foundation German Marketing Committee is delighted with the success of its recent 4th Foundation Fieldbus Conference that was held at the Congress Centre, Basel, Switzerland, on December 3rd 2008.
Specifically aimed at end users, engineering contractors and system integrators, this year's German & Swiss Foundation Fieldbus Conference followed a similar format to that of the successful event held last year in Marl, Germany. Over 72 participants including both newcomers to Foundation technology and experienced users enjoyed the comprehensive conference program. In addition to the morning presentations, attendees were also able to participate in two out of three roundtable discussion sessions throughout the afternoon - each one moderated by a key journalist within the processing industry.
Attendees had several opportunities throughout the day to view the table top exhibits arranged by the eleven sponsor companies and discuss their products and applications. Event sponsors included: Bürkert, Emerson Process Management, Endress+Hauser, Hans Turck/ Bachofen, Leoni Kerpen, MTL Instruments, Pepperl+Fuchs, Phoenix Contact, R. Stahl, Samson and Yokogawa.
Prior to the conference program on December 3rd, 31 delegates took the opportunity to attend the basic Foundation fieldbus training course from 13.00-17.00 on December 2nd at the purpose built Foundation fieldbus laboratory at Endress+Hauser Process Solutions' facility in Reinach.
The training course included technical presentations enhanced by practical demonstrations using a test host system and multiple field devices. Topics covered included: general overview of fieldbus technology; architecture and functionality of Foundation technology; development of Foundation devices and function blocks; comparisons with conventional technologies; system integration and control in the field.
• Introduction & Welcome - Wolfgang Höferlin, Chairman Fieldbus Foundation German Marketing Committee and Dr. Raimund Sommer, Vice-Chairman Fieldbus Foundation Executive Advisory Council
• Global Feedback of Foundation Fieldbus Technology - Matthias Petzsch, ARC Advisory Group
• Is A Cost Evaluation Of Installing Fieldbus Technology Still Necessary? - Dr. Nils Kuipel, Evonik Degussa
• Foundation Safety Integrated Functions (FF SIF) Replaces Parallel Plant Safety Network - Thomas Kasten, member of Fieldbus Foundation EMEA Steering Committee
• Foundation Fieldbus - Trends and Technology Update - André Fritsch, member of Fieldbus Foundation EMEA Steering Committee
Link to Download Presentations (in German Language)
Afternoon Roundtable Discussions and Moderators:
- Tendering & Planning - Frau Michaela Geiger, editor - Technische Rundschau
- Operation & Maintenance - Frau Dr. Etwina Gandert, editor - Chemie Technik
- Commissioning/Facility Handover - Frau Dr. Christine Eckert, freelance journalist