Lillafüred, Hungary, October 2006 - The Fieldbus Foundation is delighted with the success of the recent 12th annual Distributed Control Systems (DCS 12) conference and exhibition held at the Hotel Palota, Miskolc-Lillafüred, Hungary, on October 25-27, 2006. Approximately 300 engineers, end users and representatives of the world's leading suppliers of process control and automation equipment attended the three day event organised by the Research Institute of Applied Chemistry, the University of Miskolc and the Miskolc Organisation Society for Measurement, Automation and Informatics.
The extensive three day conference program included a day dedicated to Foundation Fieldbus technology advancements and applications. The morning session, chaired by Tibor Farkas, chairman of the Fieldbus Foundation Hungarian Marketing Committee, focused on the technology and trends, and the afternoon session, chaired by Breznay Gábor, leader HPS Division, Honeywell Hungary, offered a forum for attendees to hear about several end user applications and experiences.
The Foundation Fieldbus presentation program included:
- Advances In Digital Communications (Marcos Peluso, Emerson Process Management)
- Fiber-Based Fieldbus In Harsh Environments, Technical Trends And Applications (Rolf-Dieter Sommer, Hirschmann Automation and Control)
- What Physical Layer Diagnostic Should Be Provided For? (Citterico Fabio, Pepperl+Fuchs Elcon)
- FDT Technology For Foundation Fieldbus (Alain Ginguene, Invensys Systems France S.A.)
- On-line Diagnostic And Predictive Maintenance In Fieldbus Networks (Thomas Menze, MTL Instruments GmbH)
- The Prospering Of Industrial Communication R&D And Training Laboratory (Vranka Péter, ME AKKI)
- Applying A Modern Device Description Language in a Foundation Fieldbus Environment (Hortoványi Ottó, Emerson Process Management Kft)
- Asset Management In The Physical Layer (Peter Praske, Hans Turck GmbH)
- Presentation Of Foundation Fieldbus In HEXION Sokolov (Roman Cerny, HEXION Specialty Chemicals, A.S.)
- Foundation Fieldbus Project (Citterico Fabio, Pepperl+Fuchs Elcon)
- Applying Foundation Fieldbus Technology At Yield Calculator Devices (Belasa Levente, Yokogawa Hungária Kft)
Other sessions addressed key aspects of process control (past, present and future), process control systems and applications, industrial communications and hazardous area applications. Speakers included several end users and industry experts.
In addition to the speaker program, attendees were also able to visit the exhibition and poster presentations and participate in several social events enabling many opportunities for discussions and the sharing of applications experiences.
Marc Van Pelt, Vice-President - Fieldbus Foundation EMEA Operations commented, "The success of this year's DCS event and the record levels of attendees is a clear indication of the high levels of project activity within the Eastern Europe area. I'm delighted that members of the Fieldbus Foundation and end users in the area were able to participate significantly in the conference program and share their knowledge and experiences with other users and potential users of the Foundation technology".