The Fieldbus Foundation's Hungarian Marketing Committee (FFHMC), with support from the Fieldbus Foundation Central & Eastern European Marketing Committee (FFCEEMC), is delighted with the success of its latest end user event held at the MOL Dunai Finomító (MOL Danube Refinery), Budapest, Hungary, on September 9 2009.
Presentations were given throughout the morning on topics including:
- An overview of Foundation fieldbus developments - Marc Van Pelt, vice president Fieldbus Foundation EMEA Operations ( Download presentation 1)
- An introduction to the University of Miskolc and it future role with respect to Foundation training - Dr. Károly Jónap, University of Miskolc ( Download presentation 2)
- Foundation fieldbus for safety instrumented functions (FFSIF) - György Baradits
- An end user account of the operation and maintenance experiences in the MOL refinery - Gábor Zsuffa, MOL refinery ( Download presentation 4)
- An introduction to the Claus-6 plant Foundation installation - Csaba Bocskai, Honeywell
( Download presentation 5)
The afternoon session was a unique opportunity for participants to tour the Claus-6 plant site and control room and view the interoperability between the installed Honeywell host system and Emerson Process Management devices.
Tibor Farkas, chairman - FFHMC, thanked the MOL refinery for sharing its applications experiences of Foundation technology, "There is a lot of end user experience within Hungary that can be shared with the rest of the CEE region. I'm grateful to Mr. László Galambos and Mr. Zsolt Csattos and his team for opening their doors to other Foundation users and potential users to share their implementation experiences and to promote valuable discussions."
Members of the FFHMC include: Emerson Process Management; Endress+Hauser; Honeywell; Invensys/EL&ME; MTL Relcom/Controrg; Pepperl+Fuchs; Siemens; Stahl; Yokogawa.
For more information visit the FFCEE webpages.